Downtown Mechanicsburg Partnership’s Mission and Vision:
- To revitalize downtown Mechanicsburg and be a magnet of opportunity for culture and innovation.
- To bring together diverse interests to create a unified vision of a vibrant town-center.
- To enhance our quality of life by preserving and promoting our heritage and unique sense of place.
Main Street Mechanicsburg (MSM) was formed in November 2004 as a result of the Borough of Mechanicsburg’s strategic planning process in 2002 when public hearings and focus groups were held to identify priorities for the future. The creation of a Main Street Mechanicsburg organization, dedicated to downtown revitalization, was one of those recommendations. A few others were:
- Creation of a historic district – completed in 2006.
- Updating the 30 year-old comprehensive plan – completed in 2007.
- Improve traffic flow.
Since March 2013, MSM is now currently doing business as The Downtown Mechanicsburg Partnership.
The Downtown Mechanicsburg Partnership has four major committees which comprise the activities for our organization: Promotion, Design, Organizational Development, and Economic Restructuring.